Fire Damage Restoration Companies In North Druid Hills, GA
When you need to hire a Fire Damage Restoration business in North Druid Hills, GA to respond to your dwelling, it isn't something you should take lightly. While some disaster restoration companies make claims to be specialist in the field of Fire Damage Cleanup, you could find out later on that they didn't really understand how to properly restore and repair your home or workspace that has been fire damaged and you may be left with additional damages like mold growth and a lingering odor issue! You need real Fire Damage Restoration experts, with vast years of experience like Emergency Mitigation Services, to restore your property in North Druid Hills.
How Is Fire Damage Restoration In North Druid Hills, GA Performed?
Fire Damage Cleanup is the specialty cleaning and restoring your structure after a fire. Fire damage is always the main concern, but smoke and soot can permanently stain within just a few short hours, cleaning up fire damage as soon as possible is ideal.
The mitigation of smoke and fire damage should start with an initial assessment and then the boarding up of windows and doors, tarp roofs, and other areas that need to protect to avoid further damage.
Chemical fire extinguishers and water used to combat the fire can also damage your house or building significantly.
We will then remove any standing water and dry damaged areas if appropriate.
Then we scrub smoke and soot from surfaces and deodorize pungent odors. Ultimately, we return your home or company to its original state.
Protect Your Home From Having A Fire Damage In North Druid Hills, GA
A home could catch fire and go down in flames for many reasons. Be aware of these triggers, so you can avoid them as much as you can. Many home fires result from carelessness or reckless behavior. Forgetting you're putting a pan in the oven or leaving your curling iron on tissues when you leave for work are two ways house fires could start from nowhere. There's nothing more devastating than a family coming home to discover ashes and rubble where the house once stood.
Common Causes of Fires Damage In North Druid Hills, GA
Kitchen Fire While Cooking
- Don’t leave food cooking unattended.
- Pay special attention to hot grease or oil.
- Always supervise children.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby, and make sure it shows “A, B, C.”
- Never use water on a grease fire! Salt or baking soda can also be used to extinguish a fire; or, smother a fire in a pan by putting a lid on it.
Wood/Coal/Pellet Stoves or Fireplace Inserts
- Make sure your stove or insert has a “UL” label on it.
- Make sure your stove was installed properly by a contractor, according to NFPA standards for proper clearances, floor covering, wall covering, flue and chimney.
- Make sure your chimney is cleaned regularly, especially at beginning of the season.
- Never use homemade stoves, which are a common cause of fires.
- Don’t install or use stoves in a garage; they can contact combustible materials more readily.
- Burn candles and potpourri only when you are in the room.
- Keep open flames away from curtains and other combustible materials.
Outside Burning and Bonfires
- Don’t start open fires when ground and surrounding vegetation is dry.
- Don’t burn when winds are stronger than a gentle breeze.
- Always have a strong water source ready in case a fire begins to get out of control.
- Stay with the fire at all times.
- When finished, rake through the ashes to ensure that all coals are cooled.
- Make sure all outside antennas are properly grounded.
- Install lightning rods to reduce possibility of fire by lightning strike.
- Be sure that your home’s wiring is updated and adequate to handle electrical loads.
- Don’t overload circuits. Breakers trip and fuses blow when overloaded.
- If you have an older heating system, get it checked by a professional for safety.