Fire Damage Restoration in Vinings, GA, 30080, Cobb County (4069)

Fire Damage Restoration Companies In Vinings, GA

When you need to hire a Fire Damage Cleanup business in Vinings, GA to respond to your dwelling, it isn't something you should take lightly. While some disaster restoration companies make claims to be specialist in the field of  Fire Damage Restoration, you could find out later on that they didn't really understand how to properly restore and repair your home or workspace that has been fire damaged and you may be left with additional damages like mold growth and a lingering odor issue!  You need real Fire Damage Restoration experts, with vast years of experience like Emergency Mitigation Services, to restore your property in Vinings. 

Call 770-284-4791

Fire Damage Restoration in Vinings, GA, 30080, Cobb County (5586)

How Is Fire Damage Cleanup In Vinings, GA Performed?

Fire Damage Restoration the is cleaning up and restoring your home after a fire. Fire damage is always the main concern, but it can also damage your house. Because smoke and soot can permanently stain within hours, cleaning up fire damage as soon as possible is crucial.

Mitigation of smoke and fire damage starts with an initial evaluation and free estimate. We then board windows and doors, tarp roofs, and other areas to protect your property and avoid further damage.

Dry chemical fire extinguishers and water used to fight the fire can also damage your home significantly. We can remove water and dry damaged areas if appropriate.

We scrub smoke and soot from surfaces and deodorize pungent odors. Ultimately, we return your home or company to its original state.

Call 770-284-4791

Protect Your Home From Having A Fire Damage In Vinings, GA

A home could catch fire and go down in flames for many reasons. Be aware of these triggers, so you can avoid them as much as you can. Many home fires result from carelessness or reckless behavior. Forgetting you're putting a pan in the oven or leaving your curling iron on tissues when you leave for work are two ways house fires could start from nowhere. There's nothing more devastating than a family coming home to discover ashes and rubble where the house once stood.

Common Causes of Fires Damage In Vinings, GA

Kitchen Fire While Cooking
  • Don’t leave food cooking unattended.
  • Pay special attention to hot grease or oil.
  • Always supervise children.
  • Keep a fire extinguisher nearby, and make sure it shows “A, B, C.”
  • Never use water on a grease fire! Salt or baking soda can also be used to extinguish a fire; or, smother a fire in a pan by putting a lid on it.
Wood/Coal/Pellet Stoves or Fireplace Inserts
  • Make sure your stove or insert has a “UL” label on it.
  • Make sure your stove was installed properly by a contractor, according to NFPA standards for proper clearances, floor covering, wall covering, flue and chimney.
  • Make sure your chimney is cleaned regularly, especially at beginning of the season.
  • Never use homemade stoves, which are a common cause of fires.
  • Don’t install or use stoves in a garage; they can contact combustible materials more readily.
Candles/Potpourri Burners
  • Burn candles and potpourri only when you are in the room.
  • Keep open flames away from curtains and other combustible materials.
Outside Burning and Bonfires
  • Don’t start open fires when ground and surrounding vegetation is dry.
  • Don’t burn when winds are stronger than a gentle breeze.
  • Always have a strong water source ready in case a fire begins to get out of control.
  • Stay with the fire at all times.
  • When finished, rake through the ashes to ensure that all coals are cooled.
Other Considerations
  • Make sure all outside antennas are properly grounded.
  • Install lightning rods to reduce possibility of fire by lightning strike.
  • Be sure that your home’s wiring is updated and adequate to handle electrical loads.
  • Don’t overload circuits. Breakers trip and fuses blow when overloaded.
  • If you have an older heating system, get it checked by a professional for safety.

Call 770-284-4791