Mold Inspection Services In Acworth, GA
Mold growth can occur in as little as 24 to 48 hours, given the right conditions. There must be air, a source of moisture, and organic materials present to provide a food source. Not everyone will experience negative health effects from mold exposure, but some people will. Those with respiratory issues, mold allergies, or have weakened immune systems for one of many reasons are the most often affected by the presence of mold. A mold inspection can offer a homeowner a picture of their home as it relates to mold. Perhaps mold likely already exists, or there is excess moisture present, which could lead to mold growth. An inspector will assess the home environment as a whole and knows where to look if mold is suspected.
Top 10 Reasons Mold Inspection Companies In Acworth, GA Are Called
The possibility or knowledge of mold existing in a home may prompt an owner to call for a home mold inspection. Various circumstances will prompt that call; below is a list of the top reasons that mold inspectors are called.
- The owner finds out that there had been mold previously in the home. A returning technician or neighbor may be the source, or the owner may have disclosed the information when selling the home. The new owner wants to make sure that the home is still free of mold.
- The home has very unpleasant smells in one or all rooms of the home.
- Someone new is joining the family in the home. It might be that someone who was in the hospital is returning home but with a weakened immune system. Other situations may be a baby or elderly person coming to live with the family.
- There have been water leaks or intrusion in the house. Even relative humidity above 60% can lead to mold development. If these situations have occurred, an owner may want their home inspected for mold.
- A house is being sold. The seller may be required or want to offer a buyer a mold inspection report to provide peace of mind or ensure the sale.
- Something has changed in the home, but the owner cannot explain the change. Small changes in the feel of the air in the home, the breathability of it - might be different. Pets may be reacting to "something." A mold inspector may be called to see what the moisture or air quality situation of the home is.
- There are spots which the homeowner may question. Dark blotchy spots on walls or ceilings may - or may- not be mold. The dark graphite behind door hinges can often be mistaken for black mold. Whether correctly identified or not, the owner will want a mold inspector to look at their home.
- A service worker reports seeing some growth. When repairs or maintenance is being performed, a worker may report to the owner that they saw suspicious growth.
- A buyer is considering purchasing a home. No one would want to invest in a home with mold without at least being aware of it. They want to know to be able to make an informed decision.
- One or more people living in the home are experiencing health issues. Headaches, itchy skin, chronic coughing, stuffy noses - all of these are possible reactions to mold. They are at the milder end of the spectrum of possibilities but are generally the reason most often cited when the calls come into mold inspectors.
Questions To Ask Mold Inspection Companies In Acworth, GA Are Called Company In Acworth, GA
Homeowners should want to know more about any company that they will be potentially hiring. Your home is a huge investment, and you will want to make sure that anyone you hire is competent. Here are some questions for you to ask.
- Can you provide three current references?
- Is your company bonded, licensed, and insured?
- How many years have you been a mold inspector?
- What equipment will you be using during the inspection?
- How long do you typically spend on a mold inspection?
- What are your rates for inspections?
- What certifications do you hold for a mold inspection?
- What can I expect in terms of learning what you found during the inspection?
- Exactly what do you do during a mold inspection?
- Are you financially independent from any remediation company?
The Best Mold Inspection Company Near Me Is Emergency Mitigation Services!
If you want someone you can trust to give you an honest assessment of your home and mold, then you want Emergency Mitigation Services. Our passion is educating our customers and putting their needs first. We will be upfront about our processes and will continue to work with you during the process to answer all questions. Emergency Mitigation Services will always work to be the best - give us a call at 770-224-7611 to review our services.