Mold Inspection Services In Avondale Estates, GA
Mold is a part of our lives. Some mold is helpful; some can cause harm. Penicillin is a type of mold, and mold is used in the production of food. Cheeses and sour cream are two examples. On the negative side, those who are mold-sensitive or have immune system issues can experience negative health consequences. People with respiratory problems, such as asthma, can also be affected. A thorough mold inspection can help determine if there is mold is a cause for concern. Further, since some degree of excess moisture is needed for mold to survive, an inspection can discover if there is, indeed, too much moisture in the air, and then the probable source of the moisture. An experienced mold inspector will know the places to look for mold, whether hidden or not.
Top 10 Reasons Mold Inspection Companies In Avondale Estates, GA Are Called
With all the press given to the subject of mold, most homeowners are aware that mold might be a potential or existing problem in their home. Here is a list of the top ten reasons that mold inspectors are called by homeowners.
- Someone in the home is experiencing health issues. Allergy type responses to mold present are the most common, however more serious reactions can occur in those with weakened immune systems or respiratory ailments.
- Bad odor in the home. As mold grows, it gives off noxious odors. Musty or wet-sock smells are commonly used words to describe the smell.
- The owner is selling the home. They want to offer peace of mind and to potential buyers. This may mean a faster sale.
- A buyer is considering purchasing a home. They may want to be sure that they are not buying a home with existing or potential mold problems.
- A worker in the home reports seeing some growth. Often workers go into places in a home where the owner does not normally go. While doing maintenance or repairs, they may see some growth and report this to the owner.
- Someone new is joining the family in the home. There might be a new baby, an elderly person, or a person with a weakened immune system moving in. The owner wants to be certain of the environment to which they will be exposed.
- The homeowner sees some growth they think might be mold. The tiny black specks next to a door (graphite probably)and may think it is mold. Some dust particles can mimic mold. A mold inspector is trained to know the difference. And it may indeed end up being mold in some cases!
- A homeowner learns that there had been mold previously in the home. Sometimes the disclosure that is usually required for mold in a home is not made. Somehow - through a neighbor perhaps former technician - learns that there was mold.
- The owner feels that something has changed in the home but cannot explain the change. It may be a clammy feeling in the home, or the paint feels sticky, or plants are not healthy-looking as they used to be.
- Water intrusion has occurred. The owner knows that there has been a leak or flooding in the home.
Questions To Ask Mold Inspection Companies In Avondale Estates, GA Are Called Company In Avondale Estates, GA
Homeowners should want to know more about any company that they will be potentially hiring. Your home is a huge investment, and you will want to make sure that anyone you hire is competent. Here are some questions for you to ask.
- Can you provide three current references?
- Is your company bonded, licensed, and insured?
- How many years have you been a mold inspector?
- What equipment will you be using during the inspection?
- How long do you typically spend on a mold inspection?
- What are your rates for inspections?
- What certifications do you hold for a mold inspection?
- What can I expect in terms of learning what you found during the inspection?
- Exactly what do you do during a mold inspection?
- Are you financially independent from any remediation company?
The Best Mold Inspection Company Near Me Is Emergency Mitigation Services!
If you want someone you can trust to give you an honest assessment of your home and mold, then you want Emergency Mitigation Services. Our passion is educating our customers and putting their needs first. We will be upfront about our processes and will continue to work with you during the process to answer all questions. Emergency Mitigation Services will always work to be the best - give us a call at 770-224-7611 to review our services.