Mold Inspection Services In Doraville, GA
Mold is a part of our lives. Some mold is helpful; some can cause harm. Penicillin is a type of mold, and mold is used in the production of food. Cheeses and sour cream are two examples. On the negative side, those who are mold-sensitive or have immune system issues can experience negative health consequences. People with respiratory problems, such as asthma, can also be affected. A thorough mold inspection can help determine if there is mold is a cause for concern. Further, since some degree of excess moisture is needed for mold to survive, an inspection can discover if there is, indeed, too much moisture in the air, and then the probable source of the moisture. An experienced mold inspector will know the places to look for mold, whether hidden or not.
Top 10 Reasons Mold Inspection Companies In Doraville, GA Are Called
The possibility or knowledge of mold existing in a home may prompt an owner to call for a home mold inspection. Various circumstances will prompt that call; below is a list of the top reasons that mold inspectors are called.
- The owner finds out that there had been mold previously in the home. A returning technician or neighbor may be the source, or the owner may have disclosed the information when selling the home. The new owner wants to make sure that the home is still free of mold.
- The home has very unpleasant smells in one or all rooms of the home.
- Someone new is joining the family in the home. It might be that someone who was in the hospital is returning home but with a weakened immune system. Other situations may be a baby or elderly person coming to live with the family.
- There have been water leaks or intrusion in the house. Even relative humidity above 60% can lead to mold development. If these situations have occurred, an owner may want their home inspected for mold.
- A house is being sold. The seller may be required or want to offer a buyer a mold inspection report to provide peace of mind or ensure the sale.
- Something has changed in the home, but the owner cannot explain the change. Small changes in the feel of the air in the home, the breathability of it - might be different. Pets may be reacting to "something." A mold inspector may be called to see what the moisture or air quality situation of the home is.
- There are spots which the homeowner may question. Dark blotchy spots on walls or ceilings may - or may- not be mold. The dark graphite behind door hinges can often be mistaken for black mold. Whether correctly identified or not, the owner will want a mold inspector to look at their home.
- A service worker reports seeing some growth. When repairs or maintenance is being performed, a worker may report to the owner that they saw suspicious growth.
- A buyer is considering purchasing a home. No one would want to invest in a home with mold without at least being aware of it. They want to know to be able to make an informed decision.
- One or more people living in the home are experiencing health issues. Headaches, itchy skin, chronic coughing, stuffy noses - all of these are possible reactions to mold. They are at the milder end of the spectrum of possibilities but are generally the reason most often cited when the calls come into mold inspectors.
Questions To Ask Mold Inspection Companies In Doraville, GA Are Called Company In Doraville, GA
Any reputable mold inspection company should be willing to answer your questions before you hire them. This list will help guide your questioning.
- Can you offer documentation that you bonded, licensed, and insured?
- How much time will the mold inspection take?
- What are your certifications?
- Will you give me at least three references?
- How will the results of the inspection be reported to me?
- Are you independent financially from all remediation companies?
- How many years of experience in mold inspection do you have?
- What are your fees?
- What equipment is used during your inspection?
- What is the mold inspection process?
The Best Mold Inspection Company Near Me Is Emergency Mitigation Services!
If you want someone you can trust to give you an honest assessment of your home and mold, then you want Emergency Mitigation Services. Our passion is educating our customers and putting their needs first. We will be upfront about our processes and will continue to work with you during the process to answer all questions. Emergency Mitigation Services will always work to be the best - give us a call at 770-224-7611 to review our services.