Mold Inspection Services In Scottdale, GA
Mold growth can occur in as little as 24 to 48 hours, given the right conditions. There must be air, a source of moisture, and organic materials present to provide a food source. Not everyone will experience negative health effects from mold exposure, but some people will. Those with respiratory issues, mold allergies, or have weakened immune systems for one of many reasons are the most often affected by the presence of mold. A mold inspection can offer a homeowner a picture of their home as it relates to mold. Perhaps mold likely already exists, or there is excess moisture present, which could lead to mold growth. An inspector will assess the home environment as a whole and knows where to look if mold is suspected.
Top 10 Reasons Mold Inspection Companies In Scottdale, GA Are Called
There are various reasons that mold inspections companies are called to assess homes. Sometimes people are reactive, and sometimes they arere proactive. Here are ten reasons why homeowners will call for home inspections for mold.
- A buyer is considering purchasing a home. They are concerned, based on some evidence or not, that there may be mold moisture issues in the home that might lead to mold.
- Someone new is joining the family in the home. Perhaps an elderly relative or new baby will be joining the family. Or perhaps someone who is recovering from surgery or is chronically ill will be returning home.
- A technician reports seeing some growth. While working in the home, the technician may see something that makes them think there is mold and tell the owner.
- The homeowner sees some growth they think might be mold. Dust or dirt can be mistaken for mold. The graphite that stains spaces beside door hinges can look like mold. It may well be mold. The inspector has the experience to know what to look for.
- A homeowner learns that there had been mold previously in the home. Or perhaps there had been mold in their home before.
- Someone in the home is experiencing health issues. The most common reactions to mold are some degree of allergy symptoms: cough, runny nose, headaches. There may be a more serious illness that results in those more vulnerable.
- The owner feels that something has changed in the home but cannot explain the change. It may be the feeling that the air quality is somehow different, the walls may feel sticky, or items with adhesive elements are coming loosened.
- The owner is selling the home. Perhaps the owner is looking for a quicker sale or somehow wants to put them ahead of other sellers. A mold inspection report might be what they are looking for to give potential buyers peace of mind.
- There has been water intrusion in the home. Excess moisture can lead quickly to mold growth. Any leak or flood situation may warrant a mold inspection.
- Bad smells in the home. As mold grows, it can give off noxious smells. This is especially important to note if the odors are new and continual.
Questions To Ask Mold Inspection Companies In Scottdale, GA Are Called Company In Scottdale, GA
Homeowners should want to know more about any company that they will be potentially hiring. Your home is a huge investment, and you will want to make sure that anyone you hire is competent. Here are some questions for you to ask.
- Can you provide three current references?
- Is your company bonded, licensed, and insured?
- How many years have you been a mold inspector?
- What equipment will you be using during the inspection?
- How long do you typically spend on a mold inspection?
- What are your rates for inspections?
- What certifications do you hold for a mold inspection?
- What can I expect in terms of learning what you found during the inspection?
- Exactly what do you do during a mold inspection?
- Are you financially independent from any remediation company?
The Best Mold Inspection Company Near Me Is Emergency Mitigation Services!
If you want someone you can trust to give you an honest assessment of your home and mold, then you want Emergency Mitigation Services. Our passion is educating our customers and putting their needs first. We will be upfront about our processes and will continue to work with you during the process to answer all questions. Emergency Mitigation Services will always work to be the best - give us a call at 770-224-7611 to review our services.