Mold Testing Services In Candler-McAfee, GA
The presence of mold can compromise the air quality and building materials in a home. Though mold can be found anywhere in nature and has existed throughout history, mold growing in a home can lead to problems. The structural integrity of a house may be compromised. As mold feeds on any organic material - wood is a perfect example - it, along with the excess moisture, can compromise the host material. The CDC records that the possible health effects of mold exposure for some are "stuffy nose, sore throat, coughing or wheezing, burning eyes or skin rash. " Those who have compromised immune systems or respiratory issues, the effects can be more severe. Testing can give valuable information. Is mold present? What species are present? Is the mold actively growing or dead? Even dead mold can cause problems for those living in the home.
Top 10 Reasons Mold Testing Companies In Candler-McAfee, GA Are Called
The potential for problems when mold is present in a home can induce homeowners to call for mold testing in their home. Here are ten common situations that lead to a homeowner calling for mold testing.
- An infirmed or elderly family member is moving in.
- Water damage. Intruding water - even a small amount from a leak - can lead to mold growth given the right conditions - the presence of organic material, air, and moisture.
- A service worker reports seeing growth. As part of home maintenance, there may be plumbers, HVAC technicians, or termite inspectors in the basement, crawl, space, attic, or utility closet. Often it is these technicians who prompt a call for mold testing.
- The homeowner sees dark growth or staining. This may be on walls, the ceiling, or even behind pictures or furniture.
- Remodeling, adding additions, or renovations. The work done will generally involve penetration into the existing structure and can uncover suspicious growth patterns.
- Buying or selling a house. This is a major reason for mold testing calls. Either the homeowner wants to give a potential buyer peace of mind, or a potential buyer requests mold testing as a condition of purchase.
- A new baby is coming to the home. Premature or health compromised babies are more vulnerable to air quality issues. Parents want to be sure that they are not bringing a baby into a potentially unsafe environment.
- Odors. Unpleasant, musty, or dank smells often go hand in hand with mold colonization.
- Health issues. Typically someone will note that their symptoms are worse when in the home. They may range from allergic-type symptoms to more serious reactions such as asthma attacks.
- High humidity. Any relative humidity level at 60% or above can lead to mold growth. Homes with high levels of moisture can feel clammy and uncomfortable.
Questions To Ask Mold Testing Companies In Candler-McAfee, GA Are Called Company In Candler-McAfee, GA
When it comes to the health of your home and those living in it, you want to be assured that you are hiring a competent company. Below are some questions you should consider asking.
- How far out are you scheduling?
- How long does it usually take to get back the results?
- Where and what will inspection before you test?
- Do you use an accredited third-party lab?
- Can you provide proof that you are licensed, bonded, and insured?
- What specific certifications for mold testing do you have?
- What criteria will you use to determine which tests to take?
- How much do you charge for mold testing?
- How long have you been in business?
- Do I need to be present when you do testing?
- What types of tests do you take?
- Do you issue a full report and include an exact copy of the lab results?
- Are you financially independent of any mold remediation company?
- Can you give me a list of at least three recent references?
- How long should I plan on your visit taking?
The Best Mold Testing Company Near Me Is Emergency Mitigation Services!
Educating our customers, being transparent with both process and test results are two goals of our company. Emergency Mitigation Services will also strive to be sensitive to your needs and situation. We use third-party accredited labs and are not financially tied to any mold remediation company. Reach out to us at 770-224-7611 and let us show you why we have built a reputation for integrity and professionalism.