Mold Testing Services In Decatur, GA
The CDC notes that mold can enter your home through doors, windows, the bottom of shoes, pets, and objects carried in. When there is too much moisture in the home - just high humidity will qualify - then mold can colonize and grow. Mold can pose problems for the contents and building materials in the home. Mold will feed off the nutrients in any organic material and degrade the material over time. Mold can grow on paper products (wallpaper, wallboard or insulation backing), wood, paint, fabrics, even dust! The health of those in the home can also be harmed. Not everyone reacts the same to mold exposure. Those with compromised immune systems or respiratory problems such as asthma will be the most affected. Milder symptoms may include coughing, sneezing, itchy skin, runny nose, or sore throat. Testing for mold can give a mold inspector valuable information. Lab results will generally include indicating if mold is present and the species of any or all mold found. The tests will show if the mold is dead or alive. Dead mold, according to the EPA, can affect a person as well.
Top 10 Reasons Mold Testing Companies In Decatur, GA Are Called
People have long recognized that mold can be a problem for a home and those living in it. Even the Bible notes that mold is unacceptable for a home. So what are some situations that prompt homeowners to call for mold testing? Below are the ten most common.
- Remodeling and renovations. Projects can uncover mysterious growth when opening up walls, pulling down ceilings, or pulling out kitchen or bathroom cabinets.
- Health issues.
- Odors. Released mold spores can cause bad odors, and some molds even give off MVOCs - microbial volatile organic compounds, which are linked to noxious odors.
- A handyman or service worker reports seeing growth. Replacing a refrigerator or appliances, HVAC servicing, termite inspections, or repairs to plumbing lines are situations in which the technician reports to the owner that they see suspicious growth.
- Water damage. If there has been any amount of water intrusion, there is a chance for mold development. The combination of moisture, air, and organic material is a recipe for mold.
- An infirmed or elderly family member is moving in or coming back home. Anyone coming into the home who is chronically ill, undergone recent surgery, or has a compromised immune system is more likely to suffer from poor indoor air quality.
- Buying or selling a home. Mold is a hot topic for realtors when selling or buying a home is involved. Calls come in from both sellers and buyers. The prior wanting to determine if mold is present and the later to offer a potential buyer peace of mind.
- New baby coming home! Parents want to ensure that their child is coming into as safe a home as possible. This becomes especially important if the baby was premature or ill.
- High humidity levels. Clammy, sticky, sweaty - these are examples of words used by home dwellers who are just not happy coming into a home that is uncomfortable and know that high humidity can lead to mold.
- Owners see growth or staining on walls or ceiling. Black mold is a scary thought, and a lot of calls are from owners who see dark brown or even blackish growth on a wall or ceiling and are afraid they have Stachybotrys in their house.
Questions To Mold Testing Companies In Decatur, GA Are Called Company In Decatur, GA
If you are planning to hire a mold testing company, you should develop a list of specific questions related to your situation to ask a potential company. Below is a list of questions to get you started.
- How many years has your company been in business?
- What certifications do you have?
- Will you give me a list of references?
- When can I be scheduled for testing?
- How much do you charge for testing?
- Will you issue a report, including a copy of the lab results?
- What types of tests might you take?
- Will you inspect my home before you test?
- How do you determine what tests are best to take?
- Can you show me that you licensed, bonded, and insured?
- Are you totally independent of any mold remediation company?
- Do I need to be present in the home while you do testing?
- Do you use a fully accredited third party lab?
- How long will your testing visit take?
- What is the time priod for getting back the lab results?
The Best Mold Testing Company Near Me Is Emergency Mitigation Services!
When hiring a mold testing company, you are looking for a company with your best interests at heart. Protecting your health and home is what Emergency Mitigation Services is about. Our numerous certifications, years of experience, and reputation for excellence in service make us the best around. We are not affiliated with any mold remediation company and use only third-party accredited labs. Call us at 770-224-7611 and let us help.