Mold Testing Services In Decatur, GA
The presence of mold can compromise the air quality and building materials in a home. Though mold can be found anywhere in nature and has existed throughout history, mold growing in a home can lead to problems. The structural integrity of a house may be compromised. As mold feeds on any organic material - wood is a perfect example - it, along with the excess moisture, can compromise the host material. The CDC records that the possible health effects of mold exposure for some are "stuffy nose, sore throat, coughing or wheezing, burning eyes or skin rash. " Those who have compromised immune systems or respiratory issues, the effects can be more severe. Testing can give valuable information. Is mold present? What species are present? Is the mold actively growing or dead? Even dead mold can cause problems for those living in the home.
Top 10 Reasons Mold Testing Companies In Decatur, GA Are Called
People have long recognized that mold can be a problem for a home and those living in it. Even the Bible notes that mold is unacceptable for a home. So what are some situations that prompt homeowners to call for mold testing? Below are the ten most common.
- Remodeling and renovations. Projects can uncover mysterious growth when opening up walls, pulling down ceilings, or pulling out kitchen or bathroom cabinets.
- Health issues.
- Odors. Released mold spores can cause bad odors, and some molds even give off MVOCs - microbial volatile organic compounds, which are linked to noxious odors.
- A handyman or service worker reports seeing growth. Replacing a refrigerator or appliances, HVAC servicing, termite inspections, or repairs to plumbing lines are situations in which the technician reports to the owner that they see suspicious growth.
- Water damage. If there has been any amount of water intrusion, there is a chance for mold development. The combination of moisture, air, and organic material is a recipe for mold.
- An infirmed or elderly family member is moving in or coming back home. Anyone coming into the home who is chronically ill, undergone recent surgery, or has a compromised immune system is more likely to suffer from poor indoor air quality.
- Buying or selling a home. Mold is a hot topic for realtors when selling or buying a home is involved. Calls come in from both sellers and buyers. The prior wanting to determine if mold is present and the later to offer a potential buyer peace of mind.
- New baby coming home! Parents want to ensure that their child is coming into as safe a home as possible. This becomes especially important if the baby was premature or ill.
- High humidity levels. Clammy, sticky, sweaty - these are examples of words used by home dwellers who are just not happy coming into a home that is uncomfortable and know that high humidity can lead to mold.
- Owners see growth or staining on walls or ceiling. Black mold is a scary thought, and a lot of calls are from owners who see dark brown or even blackish growth on a wall or ceiling and are afraid they have Stachybotrys in their house.
Questions To Ask Mold Testing Companies In Decatur, GA Are Called Company In Decatur, GA
When it comes to the health of your home and those living in it, you want to be assured that you are hiring a competent company. Below are some questions you should consider asking.
- How far out are you scheduling?
- How long does it usually take to get back the results?
- Where and what will inspection before you test?
- Do you use an accredited third-party lab?
- Can you provide proof that you are licensed, bonded, and insured?
- What specific certifications for mold testing do you have?
- What criteria will you use to determine which tests to take?
- How much do you charge for mold testing?
- How long have you been in business?
- Do I need to be present when you do testing?
- What types of tests do you take?
- Do you issue a full report and include an exact copy of the lab results?
- Are you financially independent of any mold remediation company?
- Can you give me a list of at least three recent references?
- How long should I plan on your visit taking?
The Best Mold Testing Company Near Me Is Emergency Mitigation Services!
Educating our customers, being transparent with both process and test results are two goals of our company. Emergency Mitigation Services will also strive to be sensitive to your needs and situation. We use third-party accredited labs and are not financially tied to any mold remediation company. Reach out to us at 770-224-7611 and let us show you why we have built a reputation for integrity and professionalism.