Mold Testing Services In Druid Hills, GA
The presence of mold can compromise the air quality and building materials in a home. Though mold can be found anywhere in nature and has existed throughout history, mold growing in a home can lead to problems. The structural integrity of a house may be compromised. As mold feeds on any organic material - wood is a perfect example - it, along with the excess moisture, can compromise the host material. The CDC records that the possible health effects of mold exposure for some are "stuffy nose, sore throat, coughing or wheezing, burning eyes or skin rash. " Those who have compromised immune systems or respiratory issues, the effects can be more severe. Testing can give valuable information. Is mold present? What species are present? Is the mold actively growing or dead? Even dead mold can cause problems for those living in the home.
Top 10 Reasons Mold Testing Companies In Druid Hills, GA Are Called
People have long recognized that mold can be a problem for a home and those living in it. Even the Bible notes that mold is unacceptable for a home. So what are some situations that prompt homeowners to call for mold testing? Below are the ten most common.
- Remodeling and renovations. Projects can uncover mysterious growth when opening up walls, pulling down ceilings, or pulling out kitchen or bathroom cabinets.
- Health issues.
- Odors. Released mold spores can cause bad odors, and some molds even give off MVOCs - microbial volatile organic compounds, which are linked to noxious odors.
- A handyman or service worker reports seeing growth. Replacing a refrigerator or appliances, HVAC servicing, termite inspections, or repairs to plumbing lines are situations in which the technician reports to the owner that they see suspicious growth.
- Water damage. If there has been any amount of water intrusion, there is a chance for mold development. The combination of moisture, air, and organic material is a recipe for mold.
- An infirmed or elderly family member is moving in or coming back home. Anyone coming into the home who is chronically ill, undergone recent surgery, or has a compromised immune system is more likely to suffer from poor indoor air quality.
- Buying or selling a home. Mold is a hot topic for realtors when selling or buying a home is involved. Calls come in from both sellers and buyers. The prior wanting to determine if mold is present and the later to offer a potential buyer peace of mind.
- New baby coming home! Parents want to ensure that their child is coming into as safe a home as possible. This becomes especially important if the baby was premature or ill.
- High humidity levels. Clammy, sticky, sweaty - these are examples of words used by home dwellers who are just not happy coming into a home that is uncomfortable and know that high humidity can lead to mold.
- Owners see growth or staining on walls or ceiling. Black mold is a scary thought, and a lot of calls are from owners who see dark brown or even blackish growth on a wall or ceiling and are afraid they have Stachybotrys in their house.
Questions To Ask Mold Testing Companies In Druid Hills, GA Are Called Company In Druid Hills, GA
There are many things to think about asking when considering hiring a mold testing company. Here are some suggestions.
- Are you independent of any mold remediation company?
- How much do you charge for your services?
- How long does your visit take?
- Do I need to be home for you to do testing?
- When can I get on your schedule?
- What types of tests do you take?
- How long does it take to get back the results?
- Do you use a fully accredited third party lab?
- Will you issue a full report to me to include a copy of the lab results?
- Will you conduct an inspection before you test?
- How do you determine which tests to take?
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured?
- How many years have you been in business?
- What specific certifications do you have?
- Can you give me a list of references?
The Best Mold Testing Company Near Me Is Emergency Mitigation Services!
Emergency Mitigation Services has the certifications and years of experience that you need to ensure accurate mold testing. We provide independent, third-party testing in both residences and commercial spaces. [iis_company_name] prides itself on educating our customers and being transparent when it comes to the process and results of testing. We go above and beyond by offering tips on how to maintain the healthy air quality of your home for the future! Call us at 770-224-7611 to discuss your situation.