Mold Testing Services In Kennesaw, GA
The presence of mold is a natural occurrence in our environment. But when the amount of mold in a home is excessive, then the air quality in the home will be compromised. Though not everyone reacts the same way when exposed to mold, there can be uncomfortable to damaging health effects. Symptoms can range from coughing, itchy eyes, or runny noses to severe respiratory problems such as asthma attacks. Mold feeds on any organic material (for example, wood), and as it eats, it and the moisture can degrade the host material. This can lead to structural damage. Mold grows when there is moisture, most often occurring after some degree of water intrusion. Mold testing can determine if mold is present and what species of mold is present; sometimes, multiple species are found. Lab results will also indicate if the mold is actively growing or is dead. But don't let the term "dead mold" fool you, it can cause the same problems as live mold.
Top 10 Reasons Mold Testing Companies In Kennesaw, GA Are Called
Mold has become a more significant issue with the building of green homes, houses constructed to be tighter, with less airflow. A buildup of humidity can lead to the development of mold. Below are the top reasons why homeowners call for mold testing.
- Buying or selling a home. Most states require that the presence of mold is disclosed when selling a home. If mold was professionally removed, it can still leave stains and cause a buyer to raise concerns. But even if there are no indications of mold, present or prior, exist, some buyers want mold testing. Some sellers pre-emptively test for mold to offer peace of mind to potential buyers.
- Odors. A musty or damp smell can often indicate that mold is present.
- Water damage. If water intrusion or even small leaks have occurred, mold development is possible - in the home, its basement, or crawl space.
- High humidity levels in the home. High humidity can cause an uncomfortable, almost clammy feel to a home. Homeowners with humidity monitors know to be on the lookout for relative humidity levels at 60% and above.
- A new baby is coming home. Perhaps the baby was premature or had or has a health issue. As a protective measure, parents want to make sure that they are bringing their baby into a home with good air quality.
- Health-related reactions when in the home that lessen outside of the house. Anything from increased coughing, sneezing, or runny noses when in the home can lead to a phone call. Some other reactions are headache, itchy eyes or skin, and rashes. Sadly some who have asthma can have more severe episodes.
- Dark growth or staining is noticed on the walls or ceiling. An owner will call to see if what they see really is mold.
- Remodeling projects. A lot of calls come in from owners who have had workers go into walls or remove baseboards or cabinets and report back that they are stopping work because there is microbial growth.
- A technician reports seeing growth in more isolated spots in the home. When an HVAC system technicians, termite inspector, or plumber is working in the basement, crawl space, attic, or a utility closet, they may report back that they have seen what they think might be mold.
- An infirmed or elderly family member is returning home or moving in. Those who are recovering from surgery or have other immune system issues or are elderly are more susceptible to the effects of mold.
Questions To Mold Testing Companies In Kennesaw, GA Are Called Company In Kennesaw, GA
If you are planning to hire a mold testing company, you should develop a list of specific questions related to your situation to ask a potential company. Below is a list of questions to get you started.
- How many years has your company been in business?
- What certifications do you have?
- Will you give me a list of references?
- When can I be scheduled for testing?
- How much do you charge for testing?
- Will you issue a report, including a copy of the lab results?
- What types of tests might you take?
- Will you inspect my home before you test?
- How do you determine what tests are best to take?
- Can you show me that you licensed, bonded, and insured?
- Are you totally independent of any mold remediation company?
- Do I need to be present in the home while you do testing?
- Do you use a fully accredited third party lab?
- How long will your testing visit take?
- What is the time priod for getting back the lab results?
The Best Mold Testing Company Near Me Is Emergency Mitigation Services!
When hiring a mold testing company, you are looking for a company with your best interests at heart. Protecting your health and home is what Emergency Mitigation Services is about. Our numerous certifications, years of experience, and reputation for excellence in service make us the best around. We are not affiliated with any mold remediation company and use only third-party accredited labs. Call us at 770-224-7611 and let us help.