Mold Testing Services In Marietta, GA
The CDC notes that mold can enter your home through doors, windows, the bottom of shoes, pets, and objects carried in. When there is too much moisture in the home - just high humidity will qualify - then mold can colonize and grow. Mold can pose problems for the contents and building materials in the home. Mold will feed off the nutrients in any organic material and degrade the material over time. Mold can grow on paper products (wallpaper, wallboard or insulation backing), wood, paint, fabrics, even dust! The health of those in the home can also be harmed. Not everyone reacts the same to mold exposure. Those with compromised immune systems or respiratory problems such as asthma will be the most affected. Milder symptoms may include coughing, sneezing, itchy skin, runny nose, or sore throat. Testing for mold can give a mold inspector valuable information. Lab results will generally include indicating if mold is present and the species of any or all mold found. The tests will show if the mold is dead or alive. Dead mold, according to the EPA, can affect a person as well.
Top 10 Reasons Mold Testing Companies In Marietta, GA Are Called
The potential for problems when mold is present in a home can induce homeowners to call for mold testing in their home. Here are ten common situations that lead to a homeowner calling for mold testing.
- An infirmed or elderly family member is moving in.
- Water damage. Intruding water - even a small amount from a leak - can lead to mold growth given the right conditions - the presence of organic material, air, and moisture.
- A service worker reports seeing growth. As part of home maintenance, there may be plumbers, HVAC technicians, or termite inspectors in the basement, crawl, space, attic, or utility closet. Often it is these technicians who prompt a call for mold testing.
- The homeowner sees dark growth or staining. This may be on walls, the ceiling, or even behind pictures or furniture.
- Remodeling, adding additions, or renovations. The work done will generally involve penetration into the existing structure and can uncover suspicious growth patterns.
- Buying or selling a house. This is a major reason for mold testing calls. Either the homeowner wants to give a potential buyer peace of mind, or a potential buyer requests mold testing as a condition of purchase.
- A new baby is coming to the home. Premature or health compromised babies are more vulnerable to air quality issues. Parents want to be sure that they are not bringing a baby into a potentially unsafe environment.
- Odors. Unpleasant, musty, or dank smells often go hand in hand with mold colonization.
- Health issues. Typically someone will note that their symptoms are worse when in the home. They may range from allergic-type symptoms to more serious reactions such as asthma attacks.
- High humidity. Any relative humidity level at 60% or above can lead to mold growth. Homes with high levels of moisture can feel clammy and uncomfortable.
Questions To Ask Mold Testing Companies In Marietta, GA Are Called Company In Marietta, GA
When it comes to the health of your home and those living in it, you want to be assured that you are hiring a competent company. Below are some questions you should consider asking.
- How far out are you scheduling?
- How long does it usually take to get back the results?
- Where and what will inspection before you test?
- Do you use an accredited third-party lab?
- Can you provide proof that you are licensed, bonded, and insured?
- What specific certifications for mold testing do you have?
- What criteria will you use to determine which tests to take?
- How much do you charge for mold testing?
- How long have you been in business?
- Do I need to be present when you do testing?
- What types of tests do you take?
- Do you issue a full report and include an exact copy of the lab results?
- Are you financially independent of any mold remediation company?
- Can you give me a list of at least three recent references?
- How long should I plan on your visit taking?
The Best Mold Testing Company Near Me Is Emergency Mitigation Services!
When hiring a mold testing company, you are looking for a company with your best interests at heart. Protecting your health and home is what Emergency Mitigation Services is about. Our numerous certifications, years of experience, and reputation for excellence in service make us the best around. We are not affiliated with any mold remediation company and use only third-party accredited labs. Call us at 770-224-7611 and let us help.