Mold Testing Services In Newborn, GA
The presence of mold can compromise the air quality and building materials in a home. Though mold can be found anywhere in nature and has existed throughout history, mold growing in a home can lead to problems. The structural integrity of a house may be compromised. As mold feeds on any organic material - wood is a perfect example - it, along with the excess moisture, can compromise the host material. The CDC records that the possible health effects of mold exposure for some are "stuffy nose, sore throat, coughing or wheezing, burning eyes or skin rash. " Those who have compromised immune systems or respiratory issues, the effects can be more severe. Testing can give valuable information. Is mold present? What species are present? Is the mold actively growing or dead? Even dead mold can cause problems for those living in the home.
Top 10 Reasons Mold Testing Companies In Newborn, GA Are Called
Mold has become a more significant issue with the building of green homes, houses constructed to be tighter, with less airflow. A buildup of humidity can lead to the development of mold. Below are the top reasons why homeowners call for mold testing.
- Buying or selling a home. Most states require that the presence of mold is disclosed when selling a home. If mold was professionally removed, it can still leave stains and cause a buyer to raise concerns. But even if there are no indications of mold, present or prior, exist, some buyers want mold testing. Some sellers pre-emptively test for mold to offer peace of mind to potential buyers.
- Odors. A musty or damp smell can often indicate that mold is present.
- Water damage. If water intrusion or even small leaks have occurred, mold development is possible - in the home, its basement, or crawl space.
- High humidity levels in the home. High humidity can cause an uncomfortable, almost clammy feel to a home. Homeowners with humidity monitors know to be on the lookout for relative humidity levels at 60% and above.
- A new baby is coming home. Perhaps the baby was premature or had or has a health issue. As a protective measure, parents want to make sure that they are bringing their baby into a home with good air quality.
- Health-related reactions when in the home that lessen outside of the house. Anything from increased coughing, sneezing, or runny noses when in the home can lead to a phone call. Some other reactions are headache, itchy eyes or skin, and rashes. Sadly some who have asthma can have more severe episodes.
- Dark growth or staining is noticed on the walls or ceiling. An owner will call to see if what they see really is mold.
- Remodeling projects. A lot of calls come in from owners who have had workers go into walls or remove baseboards or cabinets and report back that they are stopping work because there is microbial growth.
- A technician reports seeing growth in more isolated spots in the home. When an HVAC system technicians, termite inspector, or plumber is working in the basement, crawl space, attic, or a utility closet, they may report back that they have seen what they think might be mold.
- An infirmed or elderly family member is returning home or moving in. Those who are recovering from surgery or have other immune system issues or are elderly are more susceptible to the effects of mold.
Questions To Ask Mold Testing Companies In Newborn, GA Are Called Company In Newborn, GA
When it comes to the health of your home and those living in it, you want to be assured that you are hiring a competent company. Below are some questions you should consider asking.
- How far out are you scheduling?
- How long does it usually take to get back the results?
- Where and what will inspection before you test?
- Do you use an accredited third-party lab?
- Can you provide proof that you are licensed, bonded, and insured?
- What specific certifications for mold testing do you have?
- What criteria will you use to determine which tests to take?
- How much do you charge for mold testing?
- How long have you been in business?
- Do I need to be present when you do testing?
- What types of tests do you take?
- Do you issue a full report and include an exact copy of the lab results?
- Are you financially independent of any mold remediation company?
- Can you give me a list of at least three recent references?
- How long should I plan on your visit taking?
The Best Mold Testing Company Near Me Is Emergency Mitigation Services!
Emergency Mitigation Services has the certifications and years of experience that you need to ensure accurate mold testing. We provide independent, third-party testing in both residences and commercial spaces. [iis_company_name] prides itself on educating our customers and being transparent when it comes to the process and results of testing. We go above and beyond by offering tips on how to maintain the healthy air quality of your home for the future! Call us at 770-224-7611 to discuss your situation.