Mold Testing Services In North Druid Hills, GA
The CDC notes that mold can enter your home through doors, windows, the bottom of shoes, pets, and objects carried in. When there is too much moisture in the home - just high humidity will qualify - then mold can colonize and grow. Mold can pose problems for the contents and building materials in the home. Mold will feed off the nutrients in any organic material and degrade the material over time. Mold can grow on paper products (wallpaper, wallboard or insulation backing), wood, paint, fabrics, even dust! The health of those in the home can also be harmed. Not everyone reacts the same to mold exposure. Those with compromised immune systems or respiratory problems such as asthma will be the most affected. Milder symptoms may include coughing, sneezing, itchy skin, runny nose, or sore throat. Testing for mold can give a mold inspector valuable information. Lab results will generally include indicating if mold is present and the species of any or all mold found. The tests will show if the mold is dead or alive. Dead mold, according to the EPA, can affect a person as well.
Top 10 Reasons Mold Testing Companies In North Druid Hills, GA Are Called
The potential for problems when mold is present in a home can induce homeowners to call for mold testing in their home. Here are ten common situations that lead to a homeowner calling for mold testing.
- An infirmed or elderly family member is moving in.
- Water damage. Intruding water - even a small amount from a leak - can lead to mold growth given the right conditions - the presence of organic material, air, and moisture.
- A service worker reports seeing growth. As part of home maintenance, there may be plumbers, HVAC technicians, or termite inspectors in the basement, crawl, space, attic, or utility closet. Often it is these technicians who prompt a call for mold testing.
- The homeowner sees dark growth or staining. This may be on walls, the ceiling, or even behind pictures or furniture.
- Remodeling, adding additions, or renovations. The work done will generally involve penetration into the existing structure and can uncover suspicious growth patterns.
- Buying or selling a house. This is a major reason for mold testing calls. Either the homeowner wants to give a potential buyer peace of mind, or a potential buyer requests mold testing as a condition of purchase.
- A new baby is coming to the home. Premature or health compromised babies are more vulnerable to air quality issues. Parents want to be sure that they are not bringing a baby into a potentially unsafe environment.
- Odors. Unpleasant, musty, or dank smells often go hand in hand with mold colonization.
- Health issues. Typically someone will note that their symptoms are worse when in the home. They may range from allergic-type symptoms to more serious reactions such as asthma attacks.
- High humidity. Any relative humidity level at 60% or above can lead to mold growth. Homes with high levels of moisture can feel clammy and uncomfortable.
Questions To Ask Mold Testing Companies In North Druid Hills, GA Are Called Company In North Druid Hills, GA
There are many things to think about asking when considering hiring a mold testing company. Here are some suggestions.
- Are you independent of any mold remediation company?
- How much do you charge for your services?
- How long does your visit take?
- Do I need to be home for you to do testing?
- When can I get on your schedule?
- What types of tests do you take?
- How long does it take to get back the results?
- Do you use a fully accredited third party lab?
- Will you issue a full report to me to include a copy of the lab results?
- Will you conduct an inspection before you test?
- How do you determine which tests to take?
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured?
- How many years have you been in business?
- What specific certifications do you have?
- Can you give me a list of references?
The Best Mold Testing Company Near Me Is Emergency Mitigation Services!
Emergency Mitigation Services has the certifications and years of experience that you need to ensure accurate mold testing. We provide independent, third-party testing in both residences and commercial spaces. [iis_company_name] prides itself on educating our customers and being transparent when it comes to the process and results of testing. We go above and beyond by offering tips on how to maintain the healthy air quality of your home for the future! Call us at 770-224-7611 to discuss your situation.