Mold Testing Services In Redan, GA
The CDC notes that mold can enter your home through doors, windows, the bottom of shoes, pets, and objects carried in. When there is too much moisture in the home - just high humidity will qualify - then mold can colonize and grow. Mold can pose problems for the contents and building materials in the home. Mold will feed off the nutrients in any organic material and degrade the material over time. Mold can grow on paper products (wallpaper, wallboard or insulation backing), wood, paint, fabrics, even dust! The health of those in the home can also be harmed. Not everyone reacts the same to mold exposure. Those with compromised immune systems or respiratory problems such as asthma will be the most affected. Milder symptoms may include coughing, sneezing, itchy skin, runny nose, or sore throat. Testing for mold can give a mold inspector valuable information. Lab results will generally include indicating if mold is present and the species of any or all mold found. The tests will show if the mold is dead or alive. Dead mold, according to the EPA, can affect a person as well.
Top 10 Reasons Mold Testing Companies In Redan, GA Are Called
People have long recognized that mold can be a problem for a home and those living in it. Even the Bible notes that mold is unacceptable for a home. So what are some situations that prompt homeowners to call for mold testing? Below are the ten most common.
- Remodeling and renovations. Projects can uncover mysterious growth when opening up walls, pulling down ceilings, or pulling out kitchen or bathroom cabinets.
- Health issues.
- Odors. Released mold spores can cause bad odors, and some molds even give off MVOCs - microbial volatile organic compounds, which are linked to noxious odors.
- A handyman or service worker reports seeing growth. Replacing a refrigerator or appliances, HVAC servicing, termite inspections, or repairs to plumbing lines are situations in which the technician reports to the owner that they see suspicious growth.
- Water damage. If there has been any amount of water intrusion, there is a chance for mold development. The combination of moisture, air, and organic material is a recipe for mold.
- An infirmed or elderly family member is moving in or coming back home. Anyone coming into the home who is chronically ill, undergone recent surgery, or has a compromised immune system is more likely to suffer from poor indoor air quality.
- Buying or selling a home. Mold is a hot topic for realtors when selling or buying a home is involved. Calls come in from both sellers and buyers. The prior wanting to determine if mold is present and the later to offer a potential buyer peace of mind.
- New baby coming home! Parents want to ensure that their child is coming into as safe a home as possible. This becomes especially important if the baby was premature or ill.
- High humidity levels. Clammy, sticky, sweaty - these are examples of words used by home dwellers who are just not happy coming into a home that is uncomfortable and know that high humidity can lead to mold.
- Owners see growth or staining on walls or ceiling. Black mold is a scary thought, and a lot of calls are from owners who see dark brown or even blackish growth on a wall or ceiling and are afraid they have Stachybotrys in their house.
Questions To Ask Mold Testing Companies In Redan, GA Are Called Company In Redan, GA
There are many things to think about asking when considering hiring a mold testing company. Here are some suggestions.
- Are you independent of any mold remediation company?
- How much do you charge for your services?
- How long does your visit take?
- Do I need to be home for you to do testing?
- When can I get on your schedule?
- What types of tests do you take?
- How long does it take to get back the results?
- Do you use a fully accredited third party lab?
- Will you issue a full report to me to include a copy of the lab results?
- Will you conduct an inspection before you test?
- How do you determine which tests to take?
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured?
- How many years have you been in business?
- What specific certifications do you have?
- Can you give me a list of references?
The Best Mold Testing Company Near Me Is Emergency Mitigation Services!
Educating our customers, being transparent with both process and test results are two goals of our company. Emergency Mitigation Services will also strive to be sensitive to your needs and situation. We use third-party accredited labs and are not financially tied to any mold remediation company. Reach out to us at 770-224-7611 and let us show you why we have built a reputation for integrity and professionalism.