Mold Testing Services In Smyrna, GA
The presence of mold is a natural occurrence in our environment. But when the amount of mold in a home is excessive, then the air quality in the home will be compromised. Though not everyone reacts the same way when exposed to mold, there can be uncomfortable to damaging health effects. Symptoms can range from coughing, itchy eyes, or runny noses to severe respiratory problems such as asthma attacks. Mold feeds on any organic material (for example, wood), and as it eats, it and the moisture can degrade the host material. This can lead to structural damage. Mold grows when there is moisture, most often occurring after some degree of water intrusion. Mold testing can determine if mold is present and what species of mold is present; sometimes, multiple species are found. Lab results will also indicate if the mold is actively growing or is dead. But don't let the term "dead mold" fool you, it can cause the same problems as live mold.
Top 10 Reasons Mold Testing Companies In Smyrna, GA Are Called
People have long recognized that mold can be a problem for a home and those living in it. Even the Bible notes that mold is unacceptable for a home. So what are some situations that prompt homeowners to call for mold testing? Below are the ten most common.
- Remodeling and renovations. Projects can uncover mysterious growth when opening up walls, pulling down ceilings, or pulling out kitchen or bathroom cabinets.
- Health issues.
- Odors. Released mold spores can cause bad odors, and some molds even give off MVOCs - microbial volatile organic compounds, which are linked to noxious odors.
- A handyman or service worker reports seeing growth. Replacing a refrigerator or appliances, HVAC servicing, termite inspections, or repairs to plumbing lines are situations in which the technician reports to the owner that they see suspicious growth.
- Water damage. If there has been any amount of water intrusion, there is a chance for mold development. The combination of moisture, air, and organic material is a recipe for mold.
- An infirmed or elderly family member is moving in or coming back home. Anyone coming into the home who is chronically ill, undergone recent surgery, or has a compromised immune system is more likely to suffer from poor indoor air quality.
- Buying or selling a home. Mold is a hot topic for realtors when selling or buying a home is involved. Calls come in from both sellers and buyers. The prior wanting to determine if mold is present and the later to offer a potential buyer peace of mind.
- New baby coming home! Parents want to ensure that their child is coming into as safe a home as possible. This becomes especially important if the baby was premature or ill.
- High humidity levels. Clammy, sticky, sweaty - these are examples of words used by home dwellers who are just not happy coming into a home that is uncomfortable and know that high humidity can lead to mold.
- Owners see growth or staining on walls or ceiling. Black mold is a scary thought, and a lot of calls are from owners who see dark brown or even blackish growth on a wall or ceiling and are afraid they have Stachybotrys in their house.
Questions To Mold Testing Companies In Smyrna, GA Are Called Company In Smyrna, GA
If you are planning to hire a mold testing company, you should develop a list of specific questions related to your situation to ask a potential company. Below is a list of questions to get you started.
- How many years has your company been in business?
- What certifications do you have?
- Will you give me a list of references?
- When can I be scheduled for testing?
- How much do you charge for testing?
- Will you issue a report, including a copy of the lab results?
- What types of tests might you take?
- Will you inspect my home before you test?
- How do you determine what tests are best to take?
- Can you show me that you licensed, bonded, and insured?
- Are you totally independent of any mold remediation company?
- Do I need to be present in the home while you do testing?
- Do you use a fully accredited third party lab?
- How long will your testing visit take?
- What is the time priod for getting back the lab results?
The Best Mold Testing Company Near Me Is Emergency Mitigation Services!
Educating our customers, being transparent with both process and test results are two goals of our company. Emergency Mitigation Services will also strive to be sensitive to your needs and situation. We use third-party accredited labs and are not financially tied to any mold remediation company. Reach out to us at 770-224-7611 and let us show you why we have built a reputation for integrity and professionalism.